For the convenience of our guests, Rocky Hide-a-Way Cottages has a four stall dock that you are welcome to use for your boat during your stay with us. Guests can also enjoy fishing from our dock or a nice swim in the lake. Boat slips are available by reservation and are just $10.00 per night.
Our dock is located approximately 500 feet from the end cabin at the resort. It’s a short walk down the access road, but it is rather steep in certain areas. If you prefer to drive, a truck with four-wheel drive can be driven to the shoreline, with room for parking several trucks close to the edge of the lake. When we are at normal lake level, guests can drive to the bottom of the hill and park, then walk another hundred feet or so on level, but still undeveloped, trail along the shoreline to the dock itself.
The lake level does rise and fall on occasion. The lake level is controlled by the weather and the operations of the Army Corps of Engineers who maintain the local dam. As a result, sometimes the access road and parking areas will become flooded. When lake levels are high, cars will not be able to drive all the way to the shoreline and the natural trail to our docks is more challenging for small children and the elderly.
Currently the lake is at normal levels, and the road is open to the shoreline allowing you to drive down and park close to the dock. Because our trails are maintained in as natural a state as possible, we recommend sturdy footwear be worn regardless of water level. The natural shoreline and trail is rough and rocky, so use caution and assist young and older persons at all times on the dock, or walking to or from it.
Tips for Family Fun at Bull Shoals Lake
- Everyone swimming at the dock should always wear swim shoes to protect their feet. Our docks are constructed from wood and may have slivers or splinters.
- Bring your sunglasses and sunscreen!!
- For safety, flotation devices are required on the dock for children under 12 years of age, so please be sure to pack yours.
- Always check closely for obstacles in the water before diving in.
- Umbrellas, swim toys, life jackets and towels are not provided, so be sure to bring your favorites with you.